Your ‘basics’ are the hardest working items in the wardrobe. They are the go to items that you wear very single week – your favourite tee, the perfect pant that you love wearing, a light jacket you can through over anything, and that little black dress that’s just right for any occasion.
At Tulip we believe that basics are the key to a great wardrobe, so we’ve created the ultimate list that every woman needs to make her wardrobe work for her. These are the crème de le crème of the key pieces from Paula Ryan Stockist, Joseph Ribkoff and Verge Stockist and they’ll ensure that you have every occasion covered in style.
PAULA RYAN is famous for using amazing, wearable fabrics, and beautiful cuts.
1. 4791 Easy Fit Tee – this basic tee doesn’t cling! It’s a great option back with anything from jeans to trousers to a pencil skirt. Try it back with the Paula Ryan 2496 pencil skirt and the 5761 cardigan.
2. 9609 Easy Fit V-Neck Tee – This top has a half sleeve for extra arm coverage and the vee makes it particularly flattering for a larger bust. It also has a wide fit through the waist so it doesn’t cling too much. Perfect on its own or back with any of the Joseph Ribkoff pants or the Paula Ryan 2496 pencil skirt.
3. 2496 The Perfect Pencil Skirt –Everyone needs a pencil skirt – especially one that doesn’t cling! This Italian model means it doesn’t show any lumps and bumps and you can wear it with just about any top in your wardrobe.
4. 9802 Longline Easy Fit Tank – Perfect for adding length underneath any garment. It also looks great under the Paula Ryan 5761 cardigan back with the 2496 skirt or with the Jospeh Ribkoff pant.
5. 5761 Zipper Cardigan – It’s the perfect length with any item. Pop it over any of the Paula Ryan tops (4791, 9609 or 9802). Or wear it over the Jospeh Ribkoff 162009 perfect Little Black Dress or the sleeveless Joseph Ribkoff tops (70309 or 161060). This is the item that you’ll want to take with you every day.
6. 2173 & 2362 Adjustable Belts means you can wear them with anything from jeans to a dress. Comes in a thicker or slimmer stlye. Try it with the 4791 Easy fit tee and the 2496 pencil skirt
JOSEPH RIBKOFF knows just how to flatter a womans figure no matter what shape or size.
7. 162009 The perfect Little Black Dress – It gives you shape through the bust line and hides your tummy – and no ironing required! What could be better. This is the perfect travel dress that you can wear with heels or with a low sandal for a more casual look.
8. 30068 The Wendy pant – Wendy loves these so much we named them after her! These pants are flattering on any shape or size. The must have top for these pants- the Jospeh Ribkoff 161060 Sleeveless drape top or the 161066 ¾ Sleeve drape top if you prefer a sleeve. You can also style them back with the 70309 Square neck tank and the Paula Ryan 5761 zipper cardigan.
9. The Perfect Pant for your Shape. The Classic wide leg pant 153088 is stunningly elegant, particularly if you’re tall. It’s heavy jersey fabric skims the body and doesn’t cling. If you prefer a slight taper and a slimmer leg the Joseph Ribkoff 144092 Classic slim leg pant if for you. Again the heavier fabric gives a great line and they can be worn casual or dressy. These look great with any top.
10. 70309 Square neck tank – great under the Paula Ryan 5761 Zipper Cardigan or any jacket and the perfect length with any skirt. Try it with the Paula Ryan 2496 Perfect Pencil Skirt.
11. 161066 ¾ Sleeve drape top or 161060 Sleeveless drape top – like the dress both of these tops hug your waist and hide your tummy. Pair either back with the Joseph Ribkoff 30068 Wendy pant or either the 144092 Classic slim pant or the 153088 Classic wide leg pant. Now to decide to sleeve or not to sleeve?
12. 5681 7/8 Acrobat pant or 7748 Eyelet Acrobat pant – perfect with a loose top on a hot day, these featherweight pants are your summer leggings covered. Put them back with the Paula Ryan 9802 Longline Easy Fit Tank & the 5761 Zipper Cardigan for instant casual chic.