There are few things the usually eager shopper dreads more than finding that perfect jean. There’s something about jean shopping that fills even the most experienced of shoppers with dread; what is usually an exciting, euphoric experience turns into depressing, self deprecating drag. But fear not! Here at Tulip Boutique we believe that everyone is capable of finding the perfect fit. Believe it or not there truly is a perfect fit for every figure and investing in the right one can take you from season to season effortlessly.
The fashionista’s favourite. Not only does it look sexy and smart but always ensures you feel your most fashionable. The skinny is perfect with both boots and heels; making it one of the most versatile jean shapes.
Skinny Jeans Facts:
- The skinny jean stays tight to the leg all the way down to the ankle
- A high rise is ultra flattering as it banishes muffin tops
- For a super skinny fit opt for a pair with ankle zips
- Black skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple
The ultimate leg lengtheners, straight jeans have a wonderfully androgynous appeal. They look sexy without being too sexy, and they can be worn casually without being too casual. Yes straight jeans are great look, particularly if you’re scared of skinnies and bored of bootcuts.
Straight Jeans Facts:
- The straight leg runs straight down the length of the leg from hip to ankle.
- Because the straight cut skims the legs it automatically slims thighs and calves
- If you’re planning on wearing heels opt for a slightly longer length
- Straight legs work really well with a low rise
The original jean; the bootcut jean has been loved and adored by cowboys and fashionistas alike for decades. Whilst other jean styles may fall in and out of fashion, the bootcut always remains a classic.
- The bootcut fit follows the thigh but flares slightly from the knee.
- A mid rise bootcut is the most flattering jean around
- Dress up your look with pocket detailing
- A bootcut in an indigo wash is a true style icon
Flared jeans are back, dominating the spring catwalks flares are the jean and trouser shape of the season. They’re super flattering and surprisingly easy to wear so we tip flares to be the new ‘It’ shape.
- A flared jean is tight on the thighs and then widens from the knee to the foot
- A kick flare is where the jean flares out from the ankle rather than the knee
- Wear yours with a chiffon blouse and towering wedges for a ’70s vibe
- A pale flare is very on trend, but an indigo wash is the most forgiving
Still a fairly new jean style, the boyfriend is the marmite of the denim world. You either love these or hate them completely. It’s definitely worth trying a pair as you may surprise yourself, die-hard skinny fans have been known to dabble with the boyfriend shape.
- It’s a baggy style that fits loosely down the leg
- Seated low on the hips gives the boyfriend a sexy edge
- Rips and grazing also give this jean a sexier look
- You still want the jean to follow the contours of your legs
Shop for your body Shape
If your figure is pretty straight up and down you need your jeans to give the appearance of curves.
Definitely work the skinny jeans look, your body was made for this, and the tighter the better. Boyfriend styles are also great, you’ll show off your slim figure whilst giving you a bit more shape. Wider legs will need to be tighter and shapely around the bum otherwise the fabric will drown you.
High waists are great for your shape, they will nip you in giving you a more hourglass silhouette. Equally you can pull of low rises beautifully.
Opt for styles with detailing on the back pockets to give the illusion of curves.
If you carry your waist on your hips and bum, buying jeans can feel like a bit of a nightmare. But never fear there’s a cut perfect for you.
Don’t think that baggy is more slimming, as baggy styles will just exaggerate your curves and are best avoided. Instead a bootcut or straight leg is ideal. Choose your wash carefully; indigo is perfect, and those with whiskering and faded detail will help slim the legs down and elongate them.
A mid to high rise is ideal for your shape, a high rise will give you a more hourglass shape. Look for jeans which are slightly higher at the back these will give you a better fit and prevent any embarrassing leaning over moments.
Don’t go for heavily detailed jeans, these will only make you seem curvier.
With your naturally curvy frame you may struggle in finding the perfect jeans. You need a pair which show off your tiny waist and keep that balance between the hips and bust.
You are lucky that you can pull off almost all styles of jeans. We recommend a skinny to show off your figure, and whilst you can get away with boyfriend jeans you may find your figure looks bulkier in them. A slim straight leg should be your wardrobe staple.
Definitely a high waist for you, this will really show off a tiny waist. Make sure you get a pair with elastane in so you can get the perfect fit over the waist and hips.
Dark washes will slim you down and show off a fabulous figure.
Finding the right length can be really tricky, you will probably find that you need to take up most styles or opt for very large heels. Don’t forget rolled up jeans look great with heels or flats.
A petite shape can carry off most styles. Skinny jeans are perfect for you and will lengthen your legs, equally bootcut and straight look great. Be wary of wide leg jeans as this style may swamp your figure.
A higher rise will lengthen the legs, but a lower rise with lengthen the body; look at your figure and choose accordingly.
Straight leg jeans are the easiest style to take up without loosing the look of the jeans.